Monday, October 6, 2014

Another trip around the sun...


In the wealth of birthday wishes I received on Facebook today, there was the one that prompted me to sit down and write this blog today. (Thank you Catherine!)

I started by writing about my hopes for the upcoming year.  Things like learning patience, trusting my instincts more, being kinder to myself...

They are all great things to aspire to, but as I reflected on what an awesome day I've had I realized something.  What made my day so good was that in honour of my 44th birthday and the beginning of another trip around the sun, I decided to allow myself to goof off today WITHOUT GUILT.

This last bit is the kicker - you see, it's not that I never goof off.  I goof off more than I think I should.  I'm ashamed to admit that, but usually I procrastinate because I'm afraid to start on the enormous pile of tasks I have set for myself.  (Facebook, you are such an enabler.)  Today, I unabashedly took the day off and it was glorious.

What a revelation.  Make a choice, and see it through without guilt.

I think this could be my mantra for the upcoming year.


p.s.  I hope that I will make the effort to sit down here a little more often, because I'd forgotten how much I like this.  :-)  






No comments:

Post a Comment